Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 24

I can't believe I am 24 days into this already...Yesterday was a good day because it was my birthday!!!The weather was great so I went and played nine holes of golf by myself, which was nice because nobody got to see some of the shots I hit...I got a good workout in (I am still doing the same strength workout) before I went golfing...My eating yesterday wasn't very good because of all the crap I had eaten the night before...I was still full when I woke up which means I didn't feel like eating...What a vicious cycle this is.

The cycle is when you eat a lot late at night you are not hungry the next morning...This is a double whammy because not only are you eating tons of calories and then going to bed, meaning you are not burning off any of the calories you just took in, you aren't hungry until lunch time, which means you have gone around twelve hours without eating...The cycle continues at lunch time, usually people want to feel as though they eat a healthy lunch because of what they ate the night before so they get something light, like a salad...This only continues the cycle and makes it worse...It makes it worse because by the time you finish your day at work and come home your body is craving energy and food and this is when people start the cycle all over again...It starts with eating something like chips and salsa and maybe have a couple beers or pops with it...Then you have a big dinner and some more beer or wine or pop and by the end of the meal you have taken in around 2,000 calories and thus won't feel like eating breakfast.

The correct way is to turn this around...You should be hungry when you wake up...You then will want to eat breakfast and this will get your metabolism going and make you hungrier throughout the day...You want to be hungry throughout the day!!! This means your body is revved up and working for you...It also means that your body is consistently getting food/calories/nutrients, which means you won't have the same cravings and will be able to have a better approach to dinner.

Anyway, back to the rest of my day yesterday...For lunch I had my chicken and cottage cheese and then after I played golf I came home, took a little nap and then had some grapes and greek yogurt and then went to youth group...And that was my day...I feel better today and I am going to try to get things back on track here that way I'm not starting all over again on Monday and I want to feel as though I can enjoy my birthday dinner with Esther on Saturday.

Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.
     
 - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment