Here we go...Day 1 starts with a sense of excitement along with some despair...I am very excited to start my journey but also upset at where I let myself get to...I got to sleep in today because I didn't have a client until 9:00am, which was nice.
I started my day by making myself some coffee and having a big glass of water...right after I finish my coffee and water (about 10 minutes) I made my breakfast...I made myself an egg sandwich...I heated 3 egg-whites in the microwave (don't worry mom, I used a glass container and not plastic) and toasted a 100% whole wheat sandwich thin in the toaster...After the egg-whites were done I added a little shredded cheese, hot sauce and one piece of thinly slice ham and then heat it again...I also had 7 strawberries as well...I made myself another cup of coffee and another 20 ounces of water...Breakfast done.
For lunch I shredded a chicken breast that I had already grilled (I grill about 12 at a time to last me through the week that way I just have to heat it up and not cook a chicken breast at each meal) and added some spices, a little cheese and some hot sauce...I heated that up all together in a bowl and then I also had some cottage cheese on the side as well as an orange.
This is where I got a little depressed...Here are my starting weights, pictures and statistics...My starting weight is 208, my starting BMI is 27.4, and my starting body fat percentage is 14.1%...That means of my 208 pounds right now 29 pounds of that is body fat and 179 pounds is lean body mass...And here are my starting pictures.
As a personal trainer I am suppose to inspire people with my level of fitness...Is anyone inspired by what they see here? I doubt it because I am just disgusted...Now this makes me want to go have a great workout...which I am going to do right now.
Here is what I have planned for today:
-10 Minute dynamic warm-up including high knees, butt kickers, straight leg kicks, lunges, leg swings, iron cross, scorpion, push ups, sit ups and pull ups.
-I am doing a combination of cardio and strength...this allows me to maximize my time and burn more calories during after exercise...For my strength I will be doing 2 sets of 20 reps and for my cardio in between each strength exercise I will be running on the treadmill at 9 mph for 1 minute each time.
Group 1
-Staggered Chest Press
-Staggered Row
-Standing Leg Extension
-TRX Oblique Side Knee Drives
Group 2
-2 MB Push Ups
-Pull Ups
-Step Ups
-TRX Suspended Crunches
I just got back from my workout and man did that suck...I felt so out of shape for the last 15 minutes...I wanted to quit but I didn't...Here are a few pictures to prove how bad I felt...I made sure to stretch and have my post workout meal (20 ounces of skim milk) that also counted as my mid-afternoon snack.
And now I'm off to the store to get food for dinner tonight...Here is what we are having...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Braised-Balsamic-Chicken/Detail.aspx...We are also having asparagus cooked in balsamic vinegar with mushrooms and onions...My late evening snack (about 90 minutes before I go to bed) is going to be a Brown Cow, Fruit On The Bottom, Greek Yogurt.
In conclusion, today was a real eye opening day...I know where I want to be and I know it's going to take a lot of hard work and determination but I know I can do it...If you are joining me on this journey please feel free to leave your questions in the comment section and I will answer them.
I also will try to give an inspirational phrase to end each day...Today's is an Aaron Manes original...It's been true of me a lot in my life when I have been trying to change something about me...Whether that was spiritual, emotional, physical or mental it's something that kept me going and I hope it is useful to you as well.
"Who you were doesn't have to be who you are and who you are doesn't have to be who you are going to be"
No comments:
Post a Comment