Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 9

Today has not been very interesting...Pretty crappy weather outside and that means I can't run outside today...But I did get my new training ropes so that made me happy and I intend to use them in my workout today...For my workout I'm going to run on the treadmill for one minute at 10 mph and then do 30 seconds of the training rope and then recover for 30 seconds and then repeat that for 30 minutes.

My food today has been normal...Blueberry protein shake for meal 1, fruit and an egg-white omelet for meal 2, chicken, cottage cheese and fruit for meal 3...I'm going to have greek yogurt and a glass of skim milk for my recovery meal/meal 4, baked chicken Parmesan and asparagus for meal 5 (and maybe a glass of wine)...I get home later tonight so that will probably be it for food today...I will also probably have a Reese's peanut butter egg as a treat somewhere during the day.

I'm getting pretty set into my routine now...I still have cravings for certain things (chips and salsa, etc) but that's all they are, cravings...They go away and I feel so much more confident when I can get through those times...During those cravings I try to find something else to do (play guitar, watch a movie, and if I'm really desperate I'll read)...I am getting closer to being able to slide by those cravings without stumbling...Choose to do something life promoting and not something destructive.

I cannot wait until the weather gets nicer!!!This cold/rain is killing me!!! 

I just got back from my workout and man was that intense!!!The ropes were extremely challenging, as was the running in between (about 6 times I had to take an extra 15 second break)...And in case some of you were wondering what training ropes are here is a link on youtube to a video of what it looks like...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrd0o6EZM_4&feature=related

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
       - Salma Hayek

No comments:

Post a Comment