It is Friday morning and I was way too tired to do this last night..So, I will finish it now.
So, Kyle and I went to the cool cigar shop called "Cigars and More" and had a cigar before we went over to Kevin's to watch the Bulls game...It was a lot of fun...It's been really great seeing him again and really having a great opportunity to reconnect with him since he has been gone for about 5 months now.
After we were done with our stogies we stopped by the grocery store to get some snacks for the game...This could have been a disaster but instead of walking down the chip aisle first I went over to where I knew there were vegetable trays and I picked up one of those with a light ranch in it for dipping...I then grabbed a bag of sunflower seeds but Kyle reminded me that I had some in my truck...We then went over to watch the Bulls get beat up by the Indiana Pacers but D-Rose being the MVP that he is came through in the clutch and we got the "W"...While watching the game I ate my veggies and sunflower seeds instead of chips and dip and beer and wings (which is normal game day food) and you know what? I survived...The game still was played and I enjoyed the game even without the crappy food...There is such a stigma that if you are watching a sporting event that you HAVE TO HAVE game day food...But you know what? The outcome of the game doesn't hinge on what you eat and it's up to you whether you let food and drinks determine whether or not you enjoy the game.
After the game the three of us went bowling, which can be another nutritional disaster...I wasn't very hungry though so I was able to stay away from the nachos, fried chicken fingers, pizza, etc...I was able to do that because I had eaten before we left...Had I not had anything I would have been starving and been more prone to eating some of those foods...I had one beer and really enjoyed myself...Again, we still bowled and had a great time even without the food and drinks...Us bowling did not depend on having crappy food and drinks...This is something I need to become more okay with...I need to be okay watching the Cubs play without chips and salsa or I need to be okay with watching the Huskers play on Saturday without having to have pizza, wings, chips and salsa and beer...I need to stop letting my surroundings dictate what I eat and drink and take control of the situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment