Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 7

First off, how good is Derrick Rose?  I mean that guy is unbelievable...If anyone doesn't think he's the MVP this year they are crazy...And how about the Cubs actually winning a game against a tough team...Now for today's plan.

We have church today and I have to go in early for band practice so there won't be much time to eat today...So, I am going to have my 3 egg white omelet for breakfast and then for lunch who knows...We are having a buffet after church today so who knows what kind of food will be there...While the food may not be the healthiest I can always control my portions and what types of food I eat...I can make sure to have veggies and salad and the leanest meat I can find.

Then tonight we have small group tonight (we are going over Timothy Keller's "Counterfeit God's", it's really good and definitely recommend it) and I will again not be able to control the type of food being served...But, again, I can control how much food I put in my mouth and then go from there.

Today is my day off from working out...Your body needs time to recover otherwise you will never feel good...You will always feel tired and sore...Everything happens in recovery and if you don't actively recover (eat after workouts, get good sleep, take a day off, don't work out twice per day, etc) you will fail to reach your goals...The idea is to tear your body down as much as you can and then help it recover as well as you can...If you can get that concept down you will be ahead of a vast majority of people.

This has been a good week and one I think is repeatable...Tomorrow starts week 2 and I am very excited to see the results I've had this first week.

I just got back home and here is how everything went...At the buffet, like I expected, there were a lot of choices and lots of chances to make some not so good food choices...Things like pasta salad, potato salad, lasagna, hot dogs, italian sausage, pulled pork, meatballs, and the list goes on...So, I walked around the tables to survey what I had as my options...And I created a game plan from there...I made myself a salad with a light balsamic vinegerate,  about 5 ounces of pulled pork (no bbq sauce or bun), two small meatballs, a piece of cheese, two of those little wiener things and some vegetables...there was also desert table and Esther and I split a small piece of chocolate cake.

Then I went to my brother and sister-in-law's house to watch the cubs lose, watch cars drive around and take a nice hour or so nap...Then during small group my sister-in-law, Amy, brought out some chips and salsa and cheese dip...I had a few of each as well as some carrots...We just got home and I had some grapes, greek yogurt and one glass of wine...That is it for today and I think I did about as well as I could have for a weekend with all the opportunities to make some bad food choices.



Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is 
our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most...We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people 
permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

           - Marianne Williamson, American author and lecturer

No comments:

Post a Comment