So I wake up today around 7am and I was still full from last night!!!I definitely did not feel like eating but I knew I needed to in order to get my metabolism up and running...You will not always be hungry when it's time to eat but you need to anyway...Why you ask? Because your body needs to be able to know it is going to get food on a regular basis...If not your body will hold onto the stored energy it has in order to make sure you will have enough...Let me go off onto a little tangent here and then I'll get back to my day.
What is fat? Fat is unused energy and when you don't eat regularly or on a regular schedule your body has no idea when it will get energy (food) next so it will continue to store body fat for energy in the future...However, if you can eat regularly (every 3-4 hours) your body can count on getting more energy later and therefore will be better at burning your stored energy (body fat) for fuel...The more regularly you eat and workout the more efficient your body will be at helping you get rid of your body fat.
With that said I didn't feel like eating so I left my apartment without eating but I knew I needed to in order to be able to workout later in the morning...So I stopped at the 7-Eleven and bought two protein bars (one for breakfast and one for a mid-morning snack) and two bottles of water...I then had my two morning appointments and then I worked out with one of my clients and then had my last appointment at noon...So I got home around 1pm and Esther had made some home made salsa (which oh so very good) and I wanted some so I had 5 chips and salsa and then I made my lunch, which was a piece of chicken sauteed with onions and spices and hot sauce and then I had a side of cottage cheese and some grapes as well.
The big thing after a meal like I had last night was to get right back to healthy eating working out in order to get back on track...You cannot let one meal turn into 4 bad meals...Have your reward and then let that be it...Get right back on track with your goals and do the things you need to do in order to achieve them...I'll check back in later tonight and let you all know how the rest of my eating day goes...It's still a long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment