Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 5

I actually had to get up at 5am today and I even had a client at 6am...So, I got up and made my protein shake for my first meal of the day...1 cup of water, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder and frozen blueberries...It was so good...I hadn't had one in a while and I forgot how good it was...Then I went to my appointment with my 2 cups of coffee (a must for me at 5am) and then came home and my wife was actually still home!!!Esther got done with her finals yesterday so she was home when I got home which was nice...Around 8:30am I made myself a three egg white omelet with a little cheese and some salsa, as well as some strawberries...I had an appointment at 9am and I knew I had basketball at noon so I had some grapes around 11am to give me some energy for that.

I got home from basketball around 1:30pm and needed some lunch...So I made a hamburger...It was 96/4 lean ground beef and I topped it was a little garlic, onion and cheese...I had the burger on an 80 calorie whole wheat bun with a little BBQ sauce and had some edamame for my side...I have a client at 3pm and then Esther and I are going to go to out to dinner at 6pm tonight...I can't wait for this meal...This truly feels like a reward and not just another meal to chow down at...And this is how this should feel...Had I ate badly, like I wanted to last night, I would not feel as though I could have a few extra things tonight...But I held back last night so I could fully enjoy tonight...And I will enjoy tonight!!!  I will try to post some pictures of our meal after we get back...Now I get to tackle my first weekend on this journey...That ought to be interesting because weekends are a totally different beast than the week...Talk to you all later!!!

We just got back from our dinner at one of our favorite restaurants called Cooper's Hawk...Great food and they have their own winery too...Anyway, below is a picture of what I had...Blue Cheese crusted filet, maple, mustard and pretzel crusted filet and a crusted lamb chop with asparagus and mashed potatoes...So good and so worth the wait!!!  We are now going to watch the movie "Salt" and I hope it's better than I think it's going to be.

 

No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted.
       - Aesop, Greek fabulist

2 comments:

  1. I started a long-term diet plan about 18 months ago and I've been very successful (down 40 pounds), but I do have different goals. I don't want (or need) to look like a personal trainer, but I don't want to look or feel like a fatty.

    Have you ever read about Matt Stone's RRARF or the Weston A. Price philosophies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Chris! I'll be looking for someone who is interested in doing their own 6 week body makeover when I'm done so keep following the progress...I'll be taking applications starting week 4 and I will be offering my expertise for free to the person who is chosen.

    ReplyDelete