So I got up at 6am today thinking I had a client at 7am...But once I got to my studio I realized that we had discussed meeting at a different time...So, I woke up for nothing...Oh well...Once I got up I made myself a shake right away...I use the EAS Whey Protein mix...It has around 23 grams of protein per scoop...I usually make it with water and about a half cup of frozen blueberries but I was out of blueberries...So, I cut up some strawberries and added some ice...It was pretty good but I like it with the blueberries a lot better...Oh, and I use vanilla flavored protein powder that way I can put in it whatever I want.
Then I met with my friend Zac to go over youth group stuff for tonight...It was about 8:45am by the time we had breakfast and we had an 3 egg white omelet with a little cheese and a little hot sauce...We also had two turkey sausage breakfast patties that were only 120 calories and tasted just like regular breakfast sausage...After hanging out there for a while we decided that we would all go outside to workout together since it is so nice outside...Not what I had planned but going outside is a great way to break up the monotony of working out inside...There is a little trail with stations of "equipment" along it that we will use to do our strength exercises and then our cardio will be the running in between.
Since the workout wasn't what I had planned it didn't really fit in with my eating schedule I was thrown for a little loop...But I always have a backup plan...In order to make sure I had enough energy for our workout I knew I needed to eat something before my 11am client to be ready to workout at 12:30 (remember food is energy)...So, I had a glass of skim milk and a 100% whole wheat bagel thin (110 calories) with a little peanut butter...After I got to my studio I didn't think that would be quite enough calories to get me through the workout so I had a handful of sunflower seeds that I keep at my studio to make sure I am always prepared...Making healthy eating convenient is a big key...You can't eat what isn't there so always have some sort of healthy snack on hand, whether it be protein bar/shake or almonds or whatever you like in order to knock down those cravings to help you stay away from the chips/chocolate/etc.
Well, we are heading out now...I will finish this later tonight.
I just got back and had my lunch...Man was that fun!!!We ran around the lake, did push ups, sit ups, jumped, climbed, sprint and more all in 65 degree sunny weather!!!So much better than being inside and so much more interesting than working out by myself...Try to find a workout partner and realize it's okay to ditch the tradition workout and do something else...Get outside and run and jump and act like a kid again...We took a Frisbee with us and threw that around as we ran from station to station...I am hoping we turn this into an every Wednesday thing because it is such a great way to break up the monotony of working out inside.
I had a chicken wrap, cottage cheese, an orange and some grapes for lunch...You may notice that I eat a lot of fruit...I want to dispel the myth that you can't eat too much fruit because of the sugar that's in it...I have never had someone come up to me and say that they are 100 pounds overweight because they ate too many grapes...Does fruit have sugar in it? Yes, but it's natural and you know what else is in fruit? Vitamins and minerals and fiber...I get almost 100% of my daily carbohydrate intake from fruits and vegetables...I do have 1-2 servings of 100% whole wheat but that's it.
I have youth group tonight at 6:15pm so I will be eating some chicken, veggie (edamame) and greek yogurt for dinner and that will be it for today...I am really starting to enjoy eating healthy and being healthy again...I feel so much more energized and don't feel like crap...I can't wait until Monday to see the results from this week!!!
One more note about meal planning...My wife, Esther, has finals this week (only one more set of finals in August!!!) and we are going to go out on Friday to celebrate her being done...So, I am making sure I eat healthy and keep my nutrition on point that way when I get to that dinner I can feel as though I can have a meal that I want to have...Having a reward meal or two each week is what is going to keep you going...However, these meals need to be your reward and not the norm...Celebrate, but don't let it be an entire day or the entire weekend...You can ruin an entire week on the weekend so keep it under control but feel free to have a free reign a little bit...I let you know what I get and take some pictures so you can see it as well...Yes I am one of those people who likes to take pictures of what I eat and let everyone see it...Sorry :)
I am also a big proponent of having a LITTLE something each day to keep you sane...Yesterday I had three little pieces of chocolate from a party favor that one of my clients gave me and today after lunch I had one of those Reeses peanut butter eggs...You have to keep it small though...I can't let one peanut butter egg turn into three eggs and a bowl of chips and salsa.
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.
- Edmund Burke
No comments:
Post a Comment