Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 4

I woke up at 6am again today, but this time just because I couldn't sleep anymore...Next week my clients will be back and I get to wake up at 5am again!!!Yeah!!!Anyway, I needed a few more calories in my shake this morning because my weight is dropping a little too fast...Yes, you heard me right a little too fast...I am already down to 203...That's 5 pounds in three days...That's not good...I want this weight loss to be a lasting change and when you lose weight too fast it tends to be a higher mix of fat and muscle and I want it to mostly be fat...So, in order to make that happen I need to take in more calories in order to give my muscles some food/fuel to keep them happy...With that said, I made myself another shake but this time instead of water I used fat free chocolate milk and instead of fruit I used all-natural peanut butter and I added four ice cubes...Still healthy but just more calories...Then for my mid morning snack I had my three egg whites with some shredded cheese and hot sauce again and a bowl of grapes...For lunch I made a chicken taco with fat free sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese and a little lettuce...I had my cottage cheese and orange as well...Then I had another single peanut butter egg for my "desert"...Notice how I added more calories but it was all healthy (except for the peanut butter egg)...I didn't add calories by eating chips and salsa or going and having a chipotle burrito for lunch.

Now I'm about to go to my 2:30pm client and then do interval cardio on my treadmill (it's a little cold outside) and then I will come home and have my mid-afternoon snack (greek yogurt and fruit), shower and then I have clients from 5:30pm-7:30pm...I am going to have leftovers from Monday for dinner...I cannot wait until my reward dinner tomorrow night!!!

I just got back from my workout and I feel so much better than I did on Monday and Tuesday!!!I wasn't able to do the intervals I wanted because I got side stitches but I did some good cardio anyway...I ran for 5 minutes at 8.5 mph and then walked at 4 mph at a 15 degree in incline for 5 minutes...I repeated that twice (a total of 30 minutes on the treadmill) and I was drenched with sweat when I was done...I also knew that I am going to go play basketball tomorrow (that I count as my Friday exercise...again FUN EXERCISE!!!) so I didn't feel so bad not doing my intervals...Once it gets warm enough outside I do interval sprints up this big sled hill...I would much rather do those than run 5 miles so I can't wait until I get to do that regularly.

Food edit...I also had a glass and a half of wine with my leftover chicken dinner tonight  :)


Today's Quote

Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home.
   The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.
       - Charles Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment