Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 10

Today is going to be a little different...Esther and I are going to the Museum of Science and Industry to go see the "Body Worlds" exhibit...I've never been to this museum and I am really looking forward to seeing all the fun things...I'll take some pictures and post some of them after we get back.

I will be gone from 10am-5:30pm traveling to the museum, going to the museum and then traveling back...Then once I get back I have to go straight to our church, which is 30 minutes away, for praise band practice (I play guitar and sing) until about 8pm tonight...Needless to say my normal everyday routine will not work today.

I had my 6am client this morning and I worked out with him in order to get my strength workout in today...I came home and had a glass of fat-free chocolate milk and scrambled egg-whites with salsa for my breakfast/recovery meal...I then have a client at 8:45am and then Esther and I are leaving right from my studio to go downtown...I know I will be hungry on the way down so I am going to stop by the 7-Eleven to get a protein bar and a bottle of water to plan for my mid-morning snack...Who knows what kind of food will be offered while we are down there but I will make the best choice I can...I have no clue how I am going to do dinner but I'll figure it out (I'm thinking maybe Subway or a burrito bowl from Chipotle)...My post tonight will be pretty late but check back to see how I did.

I just got done with praise band practice and the ended a little different than I thought...I had my protein bar and zero calorie vitamin water on the train ride down...We got the museum and went straight into "Body World"...It was so cool!!!For those who don't know they are real bodies from people who donated their body just for the museum...The bodies were cut in different ways so that you could see all the muscles and intestines and nerves and arteries...Esther was there to help me identify all the different muscles and that helped a lot...I don't know how anyway can walk through that and honestly say that our bodies were put together by chance...It was obvious to me that God designed our bodies and how each nerve, muscle, ligament, etc has a specific purpose...I was even surprised that the first quote on the way in used the phrase, "divinely designed"...I thought that was cool.

Anyway, we got to lunch and there was pasta, pizza, burgers, chicken fingers, fries, etc for me to choose from...We found a sandwich type shop and Esther and I shared a chicken panini and a small pork burrito thing...As well as a fruit cup and a desert...Not bad considering all the other choices I could have made.

We ended up getting done an hour earlier so we got home earlier, which allowed me to have my own dinner...It had to be quick so I just heated up a chicken breast and had some hot sauce with a little ranch dressing to it and some cottage cheese on the side...This is where having chicken breast already cooked comes in very handy...If I hadn't had those pre-cooked I would have had to stop and spend money on food that wasn't nearly as healthy for me...Make healthy eating convenient!!!

That's it for today...One of my friends is coming in this weekend and it's Easter weekend so my eating will not be normal but I will do my best and I will make good choices!!!

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
       -Joshua J. Marine

No comments:

Post a Comment