Sunday, April 24, 2011

Days 12, 13 and 14

I know, I know, I did bad the last couple days of getting this done (sorry Gina) but time wasn't really on my side...My friend Kyle and I had a great time this weekend...We got to spend some good time together and it was tough to see him go but we will get to see him sometime soon...Anyway, Friday and Saturday and today were and will be rather tough food wise...We went to "Wildberry" Friday and Saturday...It is so hard to order healthy when there are so many good choices on the menu...But I did the best I could...Friday I ordered an egg-white omelet with fruit on the side and on Saturday (for lunch), I had a turkey burger and fruit...I had a few fries and a bite of the Strawberry Cheesecake stuffed  french toast...Words cannot describe how good not only the french toast was but just the food in general.

Now that I think about the last two days I know I didn't workout yesterday and I'm pretty sure I didn't workout Friday...I will be ready to workout again tomorrow...Sometimes spending time with friends you don't see very often is more important than working out...I can get right back at it tomorrow and make up for some elost time with some extra hard workouts this week.

Friday, being crunched for time, I was only able to eat some greek yogurt with some Kashi cereal in it and then I had to go to the Good Friday church seervice...I performed a song ("Death In His Grave" by John Mark McMillan...look him up) and it went well...After church there was only desert type food and I love oatmeal raisin cookies and since those are my favorite I had one...Then we met up with our friends after and we went bowling for the night...We were only planning on being there for two hours but one of our friends (who knows everyone) knew the manager/owner and we got to bowl an extra two hours for free...We ordered pizza and I had two slices (thin crust with sausage) and we had some beer as well.

Saturday after we went to Wildberry we went over to our Kevin's house to watch the Bulls play...So close to a full comeback but we will get them in game 5...After that all of our friends went to church at "The Chapel" while Esther and I watched their son Hudson...He is the cutest little boy...Once they got back we went to Portillos for dinner...For those of you who don't know what Portillos is, it is one of the original Chicago Italian Beef restaurants...It has so much good food to order...Nothing looked as good as getting an Italian Beef sandwich, cheese fries and a chocolate cake shake...But I just couldn't do it...I knew what I had eaten the last couple days and I knew what my goal is...So, with that in mind I ordered a house salad with a grilled chicken breast on top...Was I a little jealous of my friends chowing down on italian beef?  Yes, but I felt so much better after I was done eating because I didn't have that gross over-stuffed feeling and I knew I would feel better when I woke up this morning, which I did.

Today is Easter and with it comes more opportunity to eat bad food...What is synonymous with Easter?   Candy, candy and more candy...Yes I have had some but I won't have any more because I know I have a weigh in tomorrow and seeing progress is more important to me than a few pieces of candy...I made myself an egg-white omelet this morning (there was cinnamon rolls, sausage, bacon and poppy seed bread available)...For lunch I'm going to have ham and veggies and I'm not sure what my plan is for the rest of the day because I'm not sure how long I will be at my in-laws...That was pretty much my weekend...I'm nervous for my weigh in tomorrow because of my lack of exercise and eating more this weekend but we will see and if it's a little higher then I will just need to buckle down because we are celebrating my 27th birthday this coming Saturday and we are going to Maggiano's (an Italian restaurant) and I want to be able to to have my reward meal and not feel guilty about it.

There are only two types of religion in the world...All of them say, "do, do, do, do"...but only Christianity says, "DONE"...Christ Is Risen and defeated death for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment